Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday

It's an enviable position to be in: We live in a place where I had to decide if I should go spend a day in the Vail powder, or go a a bike ride in the hills. I hope our usual weather sticks around here for a while.

I ended up choosing the bike ride option, because I-70 was looking pretty snowy. I'm glad I didn't decide to ski, because they were closed the tunnel while they did avalanche work. (As it was, at least one slide was triggered at the tunnel by a snowboarder.

With all the snow we got up in Fort Collins yesterday, the hills around Boulder didn't get any at all. There is still quite a bit of grit on the road, however, and a nice sharp piece got embedded in my tire right at the bottom of a big climb. It was a slow tube change and I spent the rest of the time playing catchup by myself. It was a bit frustrating really, because if I want to ride alone, I could just do it up here. It was a good workout though.

Afterwards, I drove down to Boulder and met up with Nat and Carolyn for lunch at The Kitchen. Pretty good food, and I liked the atmosphere. They were just closing up their lunch service as we were there and I liked it that the wait staff was all sitting down to a family style dinner.

If I can roll myself out of bed tomorrow morning, I think I'll go ride for another couple hours.

3 comments:

  1. While the powder fiends hunt, we are going to Shelf to climb today. Ahh, CO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had half a sunny day and the rest was warm enough. I climbed 4 long, long climbs and we had a nice hike in and out.

    ReplyDelete