Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I am not a runner. I don't drink coffee.

After working for a while this morning, I laced up my running shoes and ran from our hotel near Palais Royale to the Eiffel Tower. I brought running shoes on this trip because I knew it may be my best way to stay in shape. Not being a runner, running in the city works well for me because the major intersections give me a reason to stop frequently. :) After I got to the tower, I took the train back. I'm lazy. And I figured I should come back and continue working. I worked up a nice stinky lather on my run, so I fit right in when I got on the Metro.

This afternoon I was working on a document for work when I realized I didn't really need my internet connection. It's kind of silly to sit here in the hotel room when I don't even really need to, so I went to a nearby cafe and drank some coffee while I worked. Actually, I drank an espresso and then a coffee. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I was just glad that I could order and the waiter understood me.

I should mention now that I kept a secret from Christine while she was gone. (Well really I've kept lots of secrets. She still doesn't know about the all night house parties I've been having. And by house parties, I mean Kuzca and I sitting on the couch while brush her. It's wild.) I signed up for some French classes that were being taught by an adult education group in town. So far I've had 4 two hour classes and I'm quite fluent. Maybe fluent isn't the right word. :) But I'm better than I was the other times I've been to France. I spend most of my time asking Christine what she said to someone and how to say it. I'm learning, but I can't say foreign languages are one of my strong points.

2 comments: