Monday, February 26, 2007

Tire-bouchon

We apparently can't remember to pack a corkscrew when we come to France. We were at a grocery store (more like a Super Target) this evening to find some more reasonably priced plug adapters and we picked up a bottle of wine. One challenge of buying a corkscrew is figuring out what it is called. It's a little easier when you have a bottle of wine in your hand because you can at least mime the thing you're looking for. We found someone to point us in the right direction and tell us what it's called: tire-bouchon (/teer-boo-shawn/).

For lunch today I grabbed a panini and walked around the neighborhood. I got mildly lost, I had fun walking around the area before I found a street I recognize. Maybe I should carry a map with me next time. :)

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite leisurely things to do in Paris is to walk/people watch in the Luxembourg Gardens. I also made it a point to visit a different arondissmont each day and just enjoy different neighborhoods...I'm soooo JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life
    I don't know how you survive. Your life is so bad,"I'm in Paris, I can't find a corkscrew." I wish we all could have it so bad. Not going to get much sympathy from us back here in the states. I hope it all starts to turn around for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had small maps that were amazing. They are called "Paris-Par Arrondissment". Honestly, we were telling Parisians how to get around the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have one. But as it turns out, they don't do much good if you leave them in the hotel room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fancy that....
    Have you guys had fallafels in the jewish quarter yet? The best is the one which has pictures of Lenny Kravitz on the front. No joke, it really is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know where it is. Sounds like something we may want to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I sent this to C as well.
    L'As du Falafel
    32 r Rosiers
    75004 Paris
    Tel : 01 42 77 00 50

    ReplyDelete