Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another day, another ride, another mechanical

Another beautiful day in Colorado. This morning I went on a group ride and promptly broke my pedal cleat with the first 10 minutes. I don't think it was anything in particular that broke it, it was just getting worn out. I was still able to kind of clip in to the back of the pedal, but my foot kept slipping out. Partway through the ride, I split off and met up with some people from my team who were riding up from Longmont. I had intended to ride some hills with them, but going downhill at high speed with a broken cleat didn't seem like a good idea. 40 miles with a broken cleat, now that was interesting.

The rest of the afternoon was filled with much running around and then some bike maintenance time. My bike took a beating on yesterday's gravel filled roads. I made some lame guacamole (I forgot to get a jalapeno at the store), but the boringness was overshadowed by the tasty fresh tortilla chips I got from Whole Foods. They're a bit spendy, but highly recommended.

The Tour of California bike race started today and I watched it while I changed my bike tires. When I finished with that program, I was forced to find something else and I turned on "You're the One That I Want" (some reality show to pick stars for a production of Grease). Wow. That is a terrible show. I wish I could have the part of my life back.

I've kind of obsessively been watching "Extras" from the BBC. It was created Ricky Gervais, the same guy who did The Office. It's been great background stuff to have on today (I couldn't leave The Office on in the background because there was too much non-verbal stuff). Gervais plays an actor who is extra in movies constantly trying to get at least a speaking line. Each episode guest stars some big name, like Ben Stiller, Samuel Jackson, or Patrick Stewart. And for Jme, episode 1 of season 2 guest stars Orlando Bloom as a self absorbed egotistical version of himself. Funny stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Grease Show
    It's Petro by the way... no longer Anonymous.
    In defense of "Your the one that I want", I caught the last 5 minutes of an episode and when one of the dudes go booted off he started balling his eyes out... " but I wanted to be Danny Zucko". It is one of the precious memories of my life to have seen a gay-ish dude crying like a little school girl and weeping " but I wanted to be Danny Zucko". Granted I think if I watched any more of that show I would have hung myself... and this is comming from someone who owns Laguna Beach season 1 on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best tortilla chips - mmm. Coated with grease and yet scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I at least feel okay that it's canola oil?

    ReplyDelete