Sunday, February 10, 2008

Crested Butte After Hours

I've never been at a mountain resort after the lifts close and the crowds go away. It's beautifully silent. In the evenings I would walk Kuzca along the base of the mountain and enjoy crunch of the snow under our feet after all the hustle and bustle of a normal ski day had long since disappeared. It made me wish I had my touring gear with me, so I could skin up and make some turns in complete silence.

Another advantage of being so close to the mountain was that it meant we had an awesome sledding hill out our front door. And lucky for us, our condo came equipped with sleds. Kuzca enjoyed running around the mountain and chasing Christine and I on sleds. She spent most of the time bighting at us because she thought she was saving us from the evil red plastic of doom that was making us fly down the hill.

2008-02-04_24_christine_and_kuzca_sledding

2008-02-04_19_christine_and_kuzca_sledding

2 comments: