Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Bike

I picked up my new bike last night:

2007_02_13_1_new_bike_felt_f2

I can't wait to get it outside for a ride, but having it on the trainer last night gave me some time to tinker with the fit. The frame geometry is nearly identical to my Trek, but I think I'll need to get a new saddle and a shorter stem to make it fit just right. I go in for a bike fit in Boulder in a couple weeks.

(And since I'm sure JD will want to know - it weighed about 16 pounds with my pedals and PowerTap wheel last night. I need to add a couple bottle cages and saddle bag still. I couldn't justify buying a couple $40 carbon fiber cages so I'm going to pick up some cheap aluminum ones.)

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?!?
    Are you f'in kidding me!? $3k+ for a 10-speed and you can't spring for a $40 bell (or was it a whistle?) For that kind of cabbage, please tell me it comes with a heat-massage seat and autopilot. Or at least kick-stand and some sweet reflectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Are you kidding me?!?
    For one thing, it's less than $3k. (There are other benefits to being on a cycling team besides wearing colorful spandex with a bunch of other guys.) But you're right, maybe I should suck it up and get the other goodies if I'm already dumping some cash into a glorified Huffy.
    The problem is that it's too easy to go overboard and I need to draw the line somewhere. If I wanted to drop some more grams on this bike, I could go with a carbon fiber stem, Ti bolts, carbon fiber wheels, etc... You can even get lighter weight cabling.

    ReplyDelete