Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Guns in National Parks

Our fantastic government is considering allowing guns in National Parks (currently they're prohibited). A NRA lobbyist had this to say:
"Law-abiding citizens should not be prohibited from protecting themselves and their families while enjoying America's national parks and wildlife refuges"

I don't spend that much time in national parks (they're not dog friendly), but do you really need firearm protection in a national park? How about a little bear spray instead?

(sources: Get Outdoors and Dallas News)

2 comments:

  1. It is my understanding that concealed weapons are allowed on all campuses in Colorado except UCB which fought to have themselves put in a special category.
    I don't think banning them would make me (or students) any safer...and yet I find it weird that my students can be sitting in my classroom with a gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see dogs permitted in National Parks before guns. Of course they would have to some how limit it to Responsible dogs and their people. Maybe they should have pet licenses. Good pet people get a license and can take their pet out in public, or to parks. Nothing worse than bad manners (on the part of the pooch or its people).

    ReplyDelete