Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Road trip

We're hiking in the Grand Canyon in October (awesome!), and our hiking permit is for Monday-Thursday. This means that we have some weekend days on either end of the trip for road tripping. We'll probably check out Bryce and Zion since they're kind of on the way and pretty cool. Got any suggestions for other places to visit? We'll have some time to kill, so I figure we can check out things in southern Utah, northern Arizona, or northern New Mexico. Of course we like tree-huggin' kind of stuff, but I'm also envisioning cheezy roadside tourist attractions (e.g. World's Largest Ball of Yarn).

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done much driving there so don't have any good suggestions. I'm still jealous about the Grand Canyon. I'll be in PITTSBURGH. Oy vey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attrraction
    It's the ball of STRING not YARN that is the big attraction. But few things can compare to the Corn Palace.

    ReplyDelete