Friday, August 3, 2007

High and Dry

Wow, did it ever rain last night. Christine and I (and Kuzca) have a dog training class in a park on Thursday nights. It started raining on our way there, and when it didn't look like it was going to let up, the class was canceled.

On our way home, it start raining harder than I've ever seen. On top of that, it was really really windy. There were a couple times when I couldn't even see two feet in front of me. And then there were the trucks driving by that throw a huge wave of water on car windows.

Kuzca isn't a fan of rain. She's not scared of it, she just doesn't like getting wet. It's pretty funny. She just wanted to hang in the back of my car until the rain stopped.

I didn't see any damage around my house, but on the way into work I saw a huge tree limb that had fallen over. There were literally rivers running down my street and this morning I saw the small landscaping rocks from one yard had been carried all the way down the road (and around the corner).

2 comments:

  1. Rain Rain...
    Yeah! That was pretty intense! I accidentally made a neat little periodic pond in my backyard a few years ago when I actually worked on my house that fills up with heavy rains... Well, it started overflowing into the basement last night! Pretty sweet fix though, I threw a trash can under the spout that fills it, then cut a hose and set up a siphon to put the water further out in what turns out to be another neat little periodic pond i made... pretty cool! Go go gadget physics on a wet night at 10pm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We needed the rain - it was nuts at Wash Park for a while then nice and steady late into the evening. Not so great for scooter riding though :(

    ReplyDelete