Monday, July 21, 2008

Hip Surgery - Pre-op MRI

I have a laptop, an iPhone, free wireless internet, and a whole lot of time. So I guess I'm live blogging Christine's hip surgery stuff. I'm sure this is going to set the blogosphere on fire.

Right now, I'm hanging out while Christine is getting an MRI. We arrived her about 10 minutes before her 8AM appointment, and it turns out that all the appointment times she was given were wrong. Apparently her MRI was scheduled for 9AM, but that conflicts with her other appointments. They got her in at 8:30, so we shouldn't be too off schedule wise. After this, we go talk to a physical therapist and then the surgeon I think.

There's a storm coming today and I'm hoping it holds out long enough for me to go mountain bike the resort a little. If not, I think we'll go do some grocery shopping. I don't mountain bike much, and it really shows when I try to pack things in a hurry. I forgot to bring my mini pump, and it would have been nice to have a CamelBak since I only have one water bottle cage on my bike. Maybe that's a good excuse to replace my old CamelBak. :) I wish there was an REI around here. I also I forgot to load Topo maps on my new Garmin bike computer. That would have been super useful for mountain biking around here. I'm trying to rectify the situation as we speak.

2 comments:

  1. What day is the actual surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surgery is tomorrow. I'm not sure yet if it's morning or afternoon. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete