Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Colorado Lake Hikes

I just got my copy of the hiking book that used a few of my photos, Colorado Lake Hikes (Second Edition).

I have the first edition of the book, and while it has some good hike information, it severely lacks pizazz in the map and photo department. That's putting it lightly. The maps were terrible and photos were nonexistent.

The second edition is awesome. The entire book is done is full color, and each hike includes at least one photo of the lake. Additionally, they included a small topo map of each hike. This is something that I've always wanted hiking books to do, but it rarely happens (and I'm not sure why). They also added a good overview map that shows you where the hikes are located, and hiking pages are color coded to correspond with the colored number on the map. That's a nice little touch that again I wish more books would adopt.

It would have been cool to have my photos published in even a crappy book, but I'm really happy that this new book is so nice. It's fun to see your name in print under the photograph and also in the list of acknowledgments.

(If anyone is in need of a good hiking book for Colorado, I can order copies of the book at half price. Let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment