Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kirby Cosmos BBQ, Minturn, CO

Last night we got out of Vail in search of food. On my ride yesterday I remembered passing a BBQ place in Minturn and we decided to check it out. Holy crap this was a good choice.

Kirby Cosmo's BBQ
474 Main St.
Minturn, CO

I use the pulled pork sandwich as a baseline comparison between BBQ joints, so we ordered one of those and one shredded chicken sandwich. The pulled pork did not disappoint. It was smoky, the BBQ sauce was good, and I'd put it up there with the pulled pork at my favorite Fort Collins BBQ. The chicken was good, but not as good as the pork (which I think is usually the case). In addition to the sandwiches, we got some sweet potato fries and mac & cheese. At first glance, the sweet potato fries looked disappointing because they weren't really crispy. Once we tasted them, though, we didn't care that they weren't crispy like the usual fry. They were great. The mac & cheese was spicy and peppery and it was delicious. I've never had a spicy mac before, but I'll certainly have it again.

If you find yourself in Vail waiting to get away from the snooty-ness, it's well worth the trip to go a few miles down the highway to Kirby Cosmo's BBQ in Minturn. I'll be back for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment