Monday, July 21, 2008

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting....

We did a lot of waiting this morning. The vast majority of it was waiting for the pre-op meeting with the surgeon. We finally got out of there at 12:30, and Christine is on her way back right now to have some blood work done and some other stuff.

We have to show up tomorrow morning at 6:30AM and she's scheduled to go into surgery at 7:30AM. There's a TV at the clinic that is showing the Tour de France, so I can watch that in the morning if I want. I don't really think I'm going to be able to still in the waiting room, so I think I'm going to ride my bike and try to forget about what's going on for a bit. My boss, Suzette, loaned me a book that has some trails information for the area and I think I'll check some out.

I just went out for a short mountain bike ride up Vail. I was on a service road and had just gotten to the single track I wanted to ride when it started raining. I would have toughed it out for a bit, but the clouds rolling in looked bad and there was a bunch of lightning coming with it. I haven't been on my mountain bike since before the Gila, so this short ride was probably a good chance for me to get reacquainted with the bike.

1 comment: