Monday, January 16, 2006

Turn It On

The airport pickup plan for Friday night was for me to call my dad when we got off the plane in Detroit so he could swoop in from his undisclosed offsite location and arrive the curb at precisely the same time as our faces felt the cold chill of the midwest. The choreography would rival that of a George Bush Q&A;, and It would have worked great had it not been for one small detail: My dad never turned on the cell phone. So instead, we hung out at the airport waiting to see if my dad was driving around, while my mom was at home freaking out wondering what happened to my dad. Eventually, he parked the car and came in lookingfor us and we finally got back to Toledo around 2AM. What a long day, especially for Christine.

The trip home was fun but short. After sleeping in on Saturday, we putzed around the house for a while before going over to my aunt's for a potluck dinner. After catching our second wind, Christine and I went out to Mickey Finns to hang with Brandon and hear some music. The first band was pretty blah, but Chaselounge was surprisingly fun to watch and listen to. Again, we slept in on Sunday and then went out to breakfast with my aunt and uncle before heading to the airport.

1 comment:

  1. You built up a lot of flight karma meaning your next trip should go smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete