Sunday, January 1, 2006

Windfall

I started the new year out with a bike ride this morning. The temperature outside was quite nice. The wind...not so nice.

From home, I headed south into Loveland and had a fantastic 25 MPH tailwind. I was trying to enjoy it as best as I could, because I knew it would suck on the way back. After I turned around and north, the wind shifted and became a strong cross wind with some very strong gusts. I was regularly leaning as hard as I could into the wind to stay upright. Eventually, one extremely strong gust came up and pushed the bike out from under me then blew it another 5 feet off the road. Now that's some strong wind. I, of course, went down hard. I scraped up my knuckles on one hand, and banged up the pinkie on another. I also mush have hit the side of my knee on the way down, because it's feeling pretty sore. It was a hard, bloody half hour ride back to the house.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. ouch.. dude...
    I was convinced that was going to happen to me a few years ago when we got caught in a windstorm in Boulder. I stopped before I was sucked under a car's wheel. Hope this doesn't slow you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should switch to something safe and do more rock climbing :)

    ReplyDelete