Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Skiing. Finally

I finally got out for my first ski day of the season last Saturday. Jeff Kehoe and I went up to Hotdog Bowl and enjoyed a day without sharing the trail with anyone else. It was pretty awesome. Neither of us know the trail, so we sort of made it up as we went along until we got to the bowl.

Avalanche danger was a little sketchy so we were careful to avoid high angle slopes and picked our routes carefully. We ended up climbing to the top of a ridge and enjoyed an amazing view on a clear day before skiing back to the car. It was more of a touring day than a ski day, and it was quite fun.

Nokhu Craigs:
2009-01-31_13_nokhu craigs

Untracked Snow:
2009-01-31_03_untracked snow

Evidence of recent avalanche activity:
2009-01-31_10_avalanche debris

Self portrait
2009-01-31_16_ryan

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics! It's February already, and I've only been out skiing once. Pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled some plastic last night...I want sunny mountains and occasional winter climbing back.
    I consoled myself with a beautiful sunset on the water :)

    ReplyDelete