Friday, January 30, 2009

The Wrestler

I saw The Wrestler last night. I probably would have passed it up, but it's getting 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, and of course Mickey Rourke is up for an Academy Award.

My review - I'd like my $8 and 2 hours back.

Mickey Rourke, for sure, does a great job portraying a has-been wrestler who's struggling through many issues. Too bad it's a good role in a poor movie with a lot of predictable relationships and dialog. Perhaps the most redeeming (and surprising) element of this movie is a topless Marisa Tomei.

On some level, the movie is interesting. It's just boring. It feels like a documentary, but if I want a documentary, I'll just watch a documentary.

2 comments:

  1. Marisa Tomei Naked
    Have you seen Before the Devil Knows Your Dead?
    I good movie, and you get to see Marisa Tomei in all her glory.
    As for the Wrestler, I liked it. Is much better than the other crap that I have watched lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Marisa Tomei Naked
    I haven't seen Before the Devil Knows You're Dead yet, but I have the DVD at home waiting. They should put that type of Marisa Tomei info in the review. That's pertinent info.

    ReplyDelete