Monday, February 16, 2009

Clark Peak Yurt

We just got back from a weekend trip to the Clark Peark Yurt in the Colorado State Forest State Park. Unfortunately, this post is light on pictures because I dropped my camera Saturday night. It still works for the most part, but I didn't feel like fussing with it.

The weather was awesome. Saturday night we got a little bit of snow, and Sunday was full of calm blue skies. An absolutely beautiful day to be out in the snow. Owen, Erin, and I went up to Ruby Jewel lake where we enjoyed an amazing view of the mountains. Owen is a walking map, and it's always great to have him point out and name all the mountains we can see. From our vantage point at Ruby Jewel, we could see all the way to the Flat Tops.

The evenings were full of drinking, card games, and laughing. I don't think I won a game of Uno all weekend, but Owen and I did manage to beat Christine and Erin at euchre (after the slaughtered us the previous game).

Good times. Now it's time to rest for the evening and the bid farewell to my London bound wife. Bachelor life for me again. :(

A self portrait at the yurt:
2009-02-14_02_ryan_at_the_yurt


*Edit*
Owen posted some of his pictures from the trip. He brought his Canon Rebel XT with a wide angle lens
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orichard2001/sets/72157613921728383/

Here are a few favorites
I can't believe how blue the sky is:




2 comments:

  1. Bachelorhood isn't as fun for me as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous
    I don't say this often, but I am jealous. You lead a blessed life.
    These pictures are awesome. I can't get over that sky. I need to get outdoors more.

    ReplyDelete