Thursday, April 3, 2008

New clothes, no bike

After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, our new cycling team clothes made it through customs today. Isaac and Jenna had their garage all set up for a super organized evening of sorting and bagging everyone's stuff. There were some flubs (as you would expect with 150 people's worth of orders to package), but we eventually got everything figured out.
2008-04-03_01_sorting_blue_sky_clothing
The new stuff looks great. It's a new clothing manufacturer for us, so it's always a bit scary picking sizes. I think everything I have fits right, but I better not gain any weight or that small jersey I got isn't going to be so great. Seeing all the different clothes makes me wish I had gotten some more stuff too. But then I remember how much it costs, and I realize why I didn't go hog wild with the ordering.

So now I'm all dressed up with no place to go. My new Tarmac is sitting at the bike shop while I wait for a replacement frame. The Specialized rep wasn't keen on me riding on it, so I'm at a loss for a bike. I had set up my old Trek for time trials, so I'm going to have to un-TT it so I have something to ride and race on this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What is the point of describing an overly tight jersey WITHOUT PICTURES??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clothes were already in the washer last night, so you'll have to wait.
    You can get a first hand look on April 19th and 20th in Colorado Springs. I'll be doing a criterium at Colorado College on the 19th, so you'd be able to hang and chat with Christine while occasionally cat-calling as the group cruises by. The 20th is the Air Force Academy Road Race (a little less viewer friendly than the criterium).

    ReplyDelete