Thursday, October 20, 2005

Austin

This weekend is Lance Armstrong's Ride for the Roses and Christine and I both raised the requisite $150 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation to ride on Sunday. I, for one, am pretty excited. When I first read Lance's book It's Not About the Bike in the fall of 2003 I didn't even own a road bike. For some reason or another, his story inspired me to start road riding and I always thought it'd be cool to do his charity ride in Austin. So here I am, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I saved the the first four seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm on my laptop and we watched a couple episodes on the way down. It made the already short flight seemed even shorter. I've been hearing for a while that the show was pretty funny and I wasn't disappointed. In a way, it's "nothingness" feels like an extension of Seinfeld. I look forward to wasting more time watching the rest of the episodes.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen CYE, but everyone says it's a great show. Does it use "embarrassing moments" to create funnies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and Christine on the ride! Make sure Christine has a couple allen wrenches in her pack :)

    ReplyDelete