Friday, January 22, 2010

The Spoils of Victory


I did well enough in a 3-race cyclocross series last season to actually win 1st place overall. File under "better late then never", I got my prizes this week. Some of it's kind of amusing to me:
  • Optic Nerve T-Shirt (Large) - I'm barely big enough for a medium these days. I swim in a large.

  • Pearl Izumi Leg Warmers (Extra Large) - I could fit both legs into one of these things.

  • 8 Honey Stingers (2 of them expired) - Somebody clearly needed to clean out the bike shop.

  • Dale's Pale Ale socks (XL) - Again with the stuff that's too big. Maybe they're sending me a message to bulk up.

  • Gift Certificate $30 I have no idea what this gift certificate is good for. There's no name on it. (Update - I found it it's for Green Mountain Sports bike shop. I'm sure I can find something to spend $30 on at a bike shop.)

  • White Lightning Epic Ride lube - Not a fan of White Lightening in the past. Maybe I'll give this new stuff a try when I'm already planning on doing a drivetrain clean.

  • 3 12oz bags of Kinetic Koffee - I don't drink coffee. But I know enough that do that this will find a good home.

  • Optic Nerve "Revolt" Sunglasses - Revolt...they're not kidding.

  • Sock Guy Socks (S) - Hey, I think I can wear these.

  • Gold Cow Bell - The real crowning achievement of my 2009 season.


  • But hey, it's fun to win stuff. Before this, the only thing I've ever won from a race was a pair of socks. I hope this doesn't make me loose my "amateur" status. I'm really hoping to back my way onto the Olympic curling team.

1 comment:

  1. So you DO have our mailing address right? ;)
    OK, OK, truth be told, we don't have any XL bikers here.

    ReplyDelete