Monday, October 16, 2006

My weekend - or How Not To Get Anything Done

I had grand visions of getting a lot of stuff done this weekend, like posting honeymoon pictures, or getting through all my mail...

Right after work on Friday, Christine and I packed up the Subie and went up to Pingree Park for some car camping. It was a little cold, but we really wanted to get one more night of camping in this year. Kuzca sure had a good time running around outside. We warmed up by the campfire in the morning as we nibbled some bagels and then took a short walk. It was quite nice.

We did most productive thing of the weekend when we got back home. Cleaning and organizing the basement has been on my list of things to do for a long time. It was nice to finally tackle that mess. We ended up with a whole carload of stuff to donate to Habitat for Humanity. As we drove over to drop it off I was happy knowing that there would be one less car load of stuff next time we move.

I figured Sunday was going to be "do crap around the house" day, but the weather had other plans for me and I ended up spending almost the whole day on two wheels. In the morning I went on a group bike ride for a few hours. I'm still regaining fitness after taking a lot of time off the bike and eating massive amounts of food in France and this ride was a good speed for me. When I got home, Christine and I went on our first motorcycle ride together. It was a lot of fun and it was cool to watch Christine get more comfortable on her new bike. By the time we got home, I had a message from a friend who recently bought a Harley Sportster. I initially turned down his plan of going for a ride, but then I decided it was way too nice to do work around the house. I rode down to Lyons to meet him and play some pinball. They've added a bunch of new pinball games because they moved their video games to another building.

I did manage to make it through some mail and bills later in the evening, so the day wasn't a total loss. :) Really...I'm going to get some stuff doing during the evenings this week.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been back to the house since we returned last night (stayed at 'the cottage' in Monument) and I'm afraid of the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the price we pay for vacation. I think it's worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellz yes - and I'm home for a WHOLE MONTH. Then rock climbing in Mexico. It's a hard life.

    ReplyDelete