Sunday, February 20, 2005

Sunday ride

I woke up this morning with a crazy ache in my upper back/shoulder area. I'm sure it has something to do with the skiing yesterday, but I can't pinpoint it to one particular event. It feels really similar to the ailment that I went to a chiropracter for in December. If it still feels crappy tomorrow I'm going to make another appointment to have some snap my neck around Steven Seagal style.
The original plan for today's ride was to do some teamwork training, but it turned out that most of the team wasn't able to make it. Instead Barry (the guy who started the team) and I rode together for 2.5 hours. I never get to chat much with Barry, so it was cool to ride with just the two of us. He took me to this super cool private neighborhood that's closed off by a gate. Fortunately for us, Barry knows the code. :D :D The road was super smooth and there were lots of really fun hills with no traffic. I wish those roads weren't closed to the public, because I'd love to ride them more often (which is probably why they're closed). I pushed really hard on those hills, and it was totaly worth it. By the time we got back to our cars, we were both pretty beat. Barry because he rode hard the day before, and me because of skiing hard. Despite our state of exhaustion, I think we'd both agree that the suffering was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment