Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend Rides

(For those who complain that I haven't updated my LiveJournal in a while, hold on 'cause here it comes)

It was nice to get the bike off the trainer and do some riding outside again this weekend. Saturday morning was a little chilly in the morning, but I bundled up and went out anyway. It wasn't a very nice looking morning, but I was still happy to be outside. Of course, the sun clouds went away and the sun came out at about the same time I was wrapping up my ride.
Sunday I got a little smarter, and waited until it warmed up before heading out. I wore leg warmers, arm warmers, light base layer shirt, and a wind vest and it turned out to be just right for the conditions. Just before I got to Carter Lake I saw a pack of 15 riders coming up behind me. I decided to slow down and get in their draft and see if I could hang for a little while. I got dropped by most of the people on the climb up to Carter, but I stuck with my pace and ended up passing several people that popped once they got to the top.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of cold, did you see the HOT men's jacket on steepandcheap? It's the men's version of the one I bought for myself and both my Dad and Ti-Fou bought one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw it and it was very hard not to buy it. I'm trying to save some money, plus I already have a softshell. Must....hold...back...

    ReplyDelete