Monday, November 7, 2005

Bad Car Week (already)

On Saturday, someone hit my bumper as I was backing out of a parking spot. I would love to go after this person's insurance since they were clearly driving too fast in the parking lot, but in the end I think the effort required will not be worth it. It doesn't look too bad after I buffed it all out, so I think I can live without having the bumper resprayed.

On my way home from Old Chicago's tonight I got pulled over. Not because I was speeding (I wasn't), but because the cop says I "hammered it" leaving the traffic light. Right. I'm in a 250 HP hatchback, you're in a ginormous SUV. If I "hammered it", you would NOT be catching me any time soon. And who would floor it at a traffic light when there's a cop in the other lane? I guess I'll be going to court on January 30th. It's an actual court date this time, none of that bogus DA's office plea bargain crap.

And to top it off, I'm pretty sure I have an ear infection brewing. I'll be skipping some fun offsit work stuff tomorrow so I can go to the doctor. The week has surely got to get better than this.

7 comments:

  1. You made him feel like less of a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck! feel better and stick it to da man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, so remind me which traffic law regulates rate of acceleration? I would totally take this to court.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember the wording exactly, but it's something like "engaging in a demonstration of speed". I think it's a law geared towards people racing on the street. Christine's mom is lawyer, so she may be able to help me out. I don't have any choice but to go to court. There's no option to pay it before the court date.
    If I'm "demonstrating my speed", wouldn't that require that I have someone to demonstrate it to? Maybe he thinks I was trying to show him my speed.

    ReplyDelete