Friday, November 18, 2005

386

(Warning, if you're not a computer geek you probably won't find this at all entertaining.)

One of the vendors I work with is coming here to flash the firmware on a bunch of their cards (because they sent us a bunch of crap). They asked me if we had a 386 that they could use because their flash program won't work on anything newer. 386!? This division didn't even exist in the late 80's (when 386's were the latest and greatest). I did a quick survey around the lab to see if we could find one, and pretty much every just laughed. I think it's time they rewrite their flash program.

3 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO!!
    That's funny stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a 386? Is that similar to VGA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is that funny? I'm pretty sure a half-hour or so of rummaging around my folks' basement and I could turn up a 386 laptop. Now, THAT is funny.

    ReplyDelete