Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wired


2009-08-02_moto_wiring
Originally uploaded by ryan_l
After a Saturday morning bike ride, I settled in for some motorcycle wiring. I though I'd be able to finish and get everything reassembled in time for a Sunday ride, but it ended up taking way longer than I thought. I finally finished up Sunday after dinner. Well, I guess I'm not totally finished, because I have to order some more parts. But the remaining stuff should be quick and easy.

On Christine's BMW, I added an aux fuse box, a battery charging port, accessory power port, and heated jacket controls. On my V-Strom, I added a battery charging port, heated jacket controls, cigarette lighter accessory socket, Powerlet accesory socket, and a digital battery meter.

Eventually I'm sure I'll be happy to have my heated jacket. But with the thermometer at 90 today, I think I'll hold off on giving it a test run.

2 comments:

  1. Am I correct that you will be able to charge 3 pieces of electronics while riding your bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be able to charge 2 things, plus use my heated gear. The third port on my bike is just for charging the battery when the bike is off. I added the battery meter so I can make sure I'm not using more power than the charging system can handle.
    Christine's bike already had one switched accessory jack, and I added another in addition to her heated gear wiring and battery charging port.

    ReplyDelete