Saturday, July 11, 2009

Garden 2009

I haven't talked much about the garden this year, but it's back in full force. We had some good early season success with spinach and radishes. I was too late on that last year, but I got seeds in the ground early this time. I left a radish in the ground just to see how big it would get. It ended up getting pretty large and it even flowered.
2009-07-11_12_full grown radish
2009-07-11_10_radish flower

I planted snow peas again this year, and they are doing great. Again, I got them in early in the season this year. The vines are thicker, and some new ones even sprouted up on their own.
2009-07-11_20_snow_peas

Tomatoes are doing better this year too. I planted 4 different tomatoes in the garden and one in a pot in the front yard. All are doing well with some green tomatoes already on the vine.
2009-07-11_06_tomato

The raspberries are growing like crazy. We started with just a few sticks:
2008-03-23_08_planted_raspberry_sticks

Now we have this:
2009-07-11_16_raspberries

It's too bad for Christine that she will miss out on the all the raspberries while she's in Austin. You didn't expect me to save any for her, did you? :)

Even the dirt making is going well. Maybe I'll empty out the composter on the garden mid-season this year.
2009-07-11_17_compost

2 comments:

  1. 3 squash today, 5 bowls of raspberries so far, first tomato tomorrow, but I also have a bunny who ate most of the green bean plants and some cauliflower leaves .

    ReplyDelete