Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Toledo trip

I'm waiting at the Detroit airport with Christine for our flight home after a short trip to Toledo.

Christine flew from Austin to Denver Saturday morning and we flew together to Detroit. Neither of could remember the last time we flew together, so it must have been quite a while ago. My brother was also in town with his wife and 4 month old daughter, and my mom cooked us all a great dinner.

Sunday we went to my couisn's graduation party. I know I sound like an old man, but I can hardly believe he's that old already. Today he was embarking on a trip to hike part of the AT. Good luck to him there.

Monday was Cedar Point day. I hadn't been there since '97 I think and there were some new rollercoasters to ride. They have the greatest coasters. With heavy rain on the at there, we were wondering if anything would even be open. It turned out that we only got held up by the rain for one ride and after that the weather was sunny and warm. The new coasters were awesome. Christine was frightened by the 120 MPH Top Thrill Dragster, but she pulled through. We even rode the Blue Streak and Gemini, my first two coasters as a kid. Fun times. Good to spend some more time with my brother, his wife, and my friend Brandon too.

Riding rollercoasters all day was surprisingly tiring, but we managed to stay up too late drinking beer and wine and talking with my dad.

It was a short trip, but I'm always glad to get back to Colorado. Christine doesn't go back to Austin until Wednesday night, so we have some time to hang together at home.

Posted via LiveJournal.app.

No comments:

Post a Comment