Friday, June 5, 2009

Feet


Foot Xray
Originally uploaded by ryan_l
It's sort of funny when the doctor pulls up your xray record and finds xrays for a few body parts but not the one in question. He had shots of a hand, shoulder, and clavicle, but no foot.

I've been having a foot issue since last summer and I'm finally getting around to heading back to the doctor. The issue is that the bones in my feet spread out quite a bit and this causes me to get a callous on the outside of my foot. It's not the most painful thing in the world, but it keeps me from wearing super stylish Italian shoes. (And forget about those high heels I've always wanted.)

In the xray photo, he measured the angle between my 4th and 5th toes. It's around 10 degrees, and 5 degrees is normal. Also, the other two lines in the picture should line up in a straight line, but they clearly don't. For now, he's trying to correct the problem with a shoe insert. If that doesn't work, I'm going to tell him to chop the whole thing off. Feet are so overrated.

2 comments:

  1. Was one of your parents a seal? That could explain it.
    Foot binding might also help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still have the heels as long as you don't spend any time on your feet. Heh. heh. heh.

    ReplyDelete