Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ants!

I went out to the garage this morning to feed to dogs and found a couple dozen ants feeding on a piece of dog food that had landed on floor. I'm not a fan of having ants in my house so I opened the garage door to throw this nugget of food out and sweep out the ants. I think that was part of the ants' plan, because they had amassed an ARMY of ants along the garage door. An amazing sight.

They started crawling into the garage so I grabbed a broom to sweep them out. It was clear I needed to do something more drastic though, so I grabbed some bug killer and started spraying the cracks in the pavement they were coming out of. About this time, I realized that ants were crawling on the garage door. The garage door that was now above my head. Yes, ants were now attacking me from above too. (Have you started itching and scratching at phantom ants yet?)

I eventually finished what I could of my ant assault and went inside to eat my breakfast. It appears that some ants had hitched a ride and were following me inside the house. I found more crawling on me and the floor. I divided my breakfast time between squishing ants and trying not to eat cereal. After eating, I just had to take a shower to make sure there were no more on me. Good thing, because I found a few more hanging out on my jeans.

I've got my fingers crossed that I don't find any more of the little bastards when I go home tonight.

2 comments:

  1. All I can think of is...dead ant, dead ant, dead ant dead ant dead ant dead ant dead ant (sung to the pink panther theme song.
    Nasty critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had an insane ant invasion as well. Right along my garage door. I used a pressure sprayer to attack them this morning. I need to head to Lowes and get som 'die ants die' spray.

    ReplyDelete