Sunday, April 26, 2009

Herb dealer

We have an herb dealer. Wait, it's not what you're thinking. He actually grows a ton of herbs in his house and he hooks us up with some fresh goods. We got this great basil plant from him last week:
2009-04-23 _01_basil_from_brian
I forget which kind of basil this is (he grows a ton of different varieties that I wouldn't be able to try elsewhere). He also hooked us up with some cilantro and various lettuce varieties. I put the basil to good use today and made some pesto for Christine and I. We put it on a little bread with some tomato and fresh mozzarella. So delicious!
Lunch

For dinner, I made a yogurt based chicken marinade with (among other things) basil and cilantro. Really tasty. Looking forward to more fresh herbs to try.

3 comments:

  1. Dude! This will be perfect with a red wine anchor in nice little bay... I will provide the wine...

    ReplyDelete