Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What's up

I'm taking a mental break from work, so here's what going on lately:

I went to Seattle last weekend to hang with Christine while she's there for work. Sucky for me, I started getting sick Friday afternoon and by the time I got to Seattle I was in full-on grumpy sick mode. I can usually kick a cold pretty quick, but that's when I'm not stuck in cold wet Seattle. Seattle has a cool vibe, but if I lived there I would have already sold my bike and taken up video gaming.

On of our friends was also in Seattle for a bike show, so we met up with him a couple times for dinner and at the bike show. The bike show was pretty disappointing. The vast majority of it seemed like local cycling groups promoting either their club or upcoming rides. Cool for the locals, useless to me. I did see a shaft driven bicycle, though, and that was kind of cool.

The timing worked out such that Livia and Carol sailed to Anacortes over the weekend and we were able to meet them at the marina. We finally got to see the boat in person and it's pretty cool. Carol even made us crepes. It's up to the next visitors to keep upping the ante so by the time we go back out this summer he'll be making us full-on crazy meals.

It was cold, rainy, snowy, and windy in Seattle. Definitely not good for getting over an illness. I'm happy to be home in the sunny, 70 degree weather. Christine will be following soon.

This weekend is one of my favorite races. I should get pretty slaughtered out there, but I'm going anyway because it's a great course and I need to remind them that it should be run in April or May, not March. I feel like I'm constantly playing catchup on training this year and this sickness is taking the piss out of me. I've got 2 teammates going out this year too, which is a first. Hopefully I can help them out in the road race (I already know the crit is a lost cause for me).

6 comments:

  1. It really is a shame you didn't come Tues-Fri when it was beautiful here! This weekend was very ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool you saw the boat! Yes, keep upping the ante... :)
    Are you coming out to PSSB this Sat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to be in Grand Junction on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I hear. I saw a little sun on Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if the sickness took the "piss" out of you, hopefully it left the vinegar. Vinegar is pretty strong stuff on it's own. You could totally win the road race with vinegar. :)
    I can't wait to see you Thursday, late-night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TWO DROVE UP!
    The summer weather usually fools people into moving here so hopefully it will be gorgeous when you two come out.
    Next I'll have TiFou show you his Gordon Ramsey lamb chop skills.

    ReplyDelete