Thursday, September 4, 2008

I need recipes

I need some recipe help.

Our zucchini plant has slowed down, but I still have plenty of it left. So far I've fried it, grilled it, and put it in pesto pasta dish. I've tried a couple zucchini bread recipes, but neither have been too stellar. I'm also thinking I could maybe make a veggie lasagna and possibly use slices of squash instead of noodles.

Next up is beef. We still have a lot of beef left from our cow, and I'm just not sure what I want to do with the remaining cuts. I'm looking for your favorite (hopefully easy) recipes for the following:
  • cube steaks

  • heel of round roast

  • chuck roast

  • soup bones

  • stew meat

5 comments:

  1. I have a pretty good chocolate chip zucchini cake recipe at home if you want me to dig it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you use the bones and stew meat to make a good beef stock? If so, you can freeze the stock and use it in soups etc throughout the year.
    You could also make some french onion soup with the homemade stock. I don't have a good recipe - I would just hop on epicurious.

    ReplyDelete