Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to The States

Christine took the morning off from work to ride with me to the airport and we arrived at the British Air counter to find out that my flight had been cancelled. I'm really glad Christine is with me for moments like these so I don't have to struggle with the language barrier. Christine's French has gotten really good.

BA booked me on an Air France flight to London where I would connect with my original flight to Denver. The new flight left an hour later but I still has lots of time to make my connection.

With my rebooking came the status to go to the Air France lounge. Pretty nice. Free food and drink while I waited for my flight. I snagged some cookies for later.

I went to the gate 10 minutes before the boarding time and everything appeared to be on schedule. But in my experience with the French, they're not known for punctuality and our wheels left the tarmac almost an hour late.

Suddenly my connection cushion time was rapidly shrinking. By the time we got to the gate in Heathrow I had about an hour to get to through the passport check, to another terminal (via bus), to the BA counter to check in, through security and to my gate. There was some running and some luck, and I made it in about 40 minutes. I thought for sure I was going to have to get a new flight.

Now I'm typing away on my iPhone over the Atlantic wondering if my luggage made it too. There's nothing too important in there so I really don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment