Friday, August 29, 2008

Heathrow

I think this is the first time I've taken this Denver->London fight where the plane has actually parked at a gate. Usually they park you in the middle of the tarmac and bus you to the terminal. That's not to say there wasn't still a lengthy transfer.

After getting off the plane, I walked for 10 or 15 minutes before finally getting on a bus for another 15. I have no idea where I was walking because they were hallways without windows. We were just following signs.

The bus took me to the new Terminal 5. My first visit to this terminal. The loooong security line I'm used to seeing in London was nonexistant. That was a welcome sight. It seems like they streamlined things. Either that or there just wasn't a big crowd today.

My flight was good. The flight wasn't full and I had a row of 3 seats all to myself. That was awesome for sleeping. I tried to watch a movie (What Happens In Vegas), but it was horribly unwatchable. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. Instead I watched episodes of Arrested Development on my iPhone before sleeping.

Soon I'll be on my plane to Paris. (Actually, by the time I post this I'll probably already be in Paris.)

No comments:

Post a Comment