Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Paris (via London). I'm taking a short trip to see Christine. It's funny to go all the way there for such a short time, but we're going to make the most of it.

I gave myself plenty of time to get to the airport because I wanted to be sure that the Democratic National Convention didn't have any far reaching effects on the highways. They're closing down a major section of highway today during rush hour because of Obama's speech. Sucks to be commuting through Denver today.

Speaking of the DNC, the green washing is in full effect. There are signs about our green energy, recycling, and even a big field of new solar panels on the road to the airport. If they wanted a "green" convention, how about you don't have it at all? If carbon is the gold standard by which we measure our green-ness, how much carbon was spewed by everyone flying here and renting cars/limos? Couldn't this crap all be done remotely these days? I guess that wouldn't get as much news coverage.

I was behind some hillbilly going through security that couldn't understand that he needed to take *everything* out of his pockets. This includes your can of Skoal and your pouch of other chewing tobacco. I hope they gave him a full body cavity search.

The airport has free WiFi. Surfing the web on an iPhone is pretty annoying because they put a banner on the top of the screen and it apparently screws with the way some pages render. I can still update my LJ via email though.

That's all for now. Next stop London.

3 comments:

  1. I thought DIA was *pay* wifi - sweet. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Democratic National Teleconference does have an interesting ring to it...

    ReplyDelete