Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Old 97's

We're getting too old for late concerts. Last night Christine and I saw the Old 97's in Denver. One sign we're getting older is that we bring earplugs to concerts now. But we're not the only ones. I saw several other people with ear plugs. I guess that also means that we're going to shows that other old people go to.

Opening bands are hit or miss. I like to get there early enough to see them because occasionally you hear a band that you like. Other times, they suck. Last night they sucked and we should have just gotten to the show later. As it was, we weren't early enough to get a seat, but we were early enough to hear some sucky music.

All that aside, the Old 97's were great. They sounded great, had great energy, and played a bunch of the old favorites mixed in with the new songs. When Christine and I first met, the Old 97's were one of the few common ingredients in our respective music collections so we listened to them frequently (and still do). It was fun to go out and see them together for the first time. (Thankfully we have such musical common grounds so I don't have to listen to The Grateful Dead and she doesn't have to listen to too much of my vast collection of shitty music.)

1 comment:

  1. We've ended up listening to a lot of Gypsy Kings, Buena Vista Social Club, etc as our common ground.

    ReplyDelete