Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Man salon

I got a coupon in the mail for a new barbershop so I decided to try it out yesterday. I generally just go to a cheap place because, let's face it, my haircut isn't particularly difficult to do.

The place is called Floyds Barbershop, and it's set up to be some sort of hip hair place for guys. Guys that want to make sure everyone knows they are definitely not gay. So of course there are TV's and sports stuff on the walls. TV's, by the way, aren't very exciting when you have to remove your glasses. And it's not like I could listen to whatever was on the TV because of the booming music. It was like Abercrombie without all the homoeroticism.

I think I'll just stick to my plain old cheap-o haircut.

4 comments:

  1. Jason gets his hair cut there and the music is so loud and annoying that more than about 5 minutes drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's one by us as well. I left with the same impression -- and the knowledge that the lady with the pink dog isn't as nice as she seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And really, what would Abercrombie be without the homoeroticism.
    T-shirts. Just t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried them once too, and I swear every guy left with the same haircut... I could have gotten a better haircut with one of those vacuum cleaner attachment Flowbee haircut things...
    On a side note, I shopped at Abercrombie once, and I realized I am too obese to buy anything in their store. Their Jean sizes stop at 31.

    ReplyDelete