Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Millionaires getting back to their roots

The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Buffalo Sabres are playing an NHL game outdoors pond hockey style at the Buffalo Bill's stadium right now. I love the idea. The only problem is that they kept the fans too far from the ice.

They put a hockey rink in the center of a football field, but they didn't move the fans onto the field. What's a hockey game without fans right up against the glass? Still, it's an awesome idea and I hope they do it again.

(Frankly, I'm surprised there's enough people awake at 1PM on New Years Day in Buffalo to fill a stadium. I mean, have you been to Buffalo in the winter? There's not much going on but drinking. Throw in New Years celebrations and that's one hung over city.)

1 comment:

  1. hockey
    in the snow no less! I saw the game on tv and thought I must be mistaken when I saw that it was snowing. dang!

    ReplyDelete