Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Electronic address books

I'm looking for recommendations on an electronic address book. Right now, I'm considering putting all my contact information into an Outlook address book, but I'd prefer something that's more accessible remotely and less proprietary. (Although, Outlook is prevalent enough that I'm sure most other applications can import its address book.) Google would be my first choice, but I don't like how it adds all sorts of address automatically that I don't want. Say, for example, I email a company to get some information. That email address automatically gets put into my contact list. Last time I checked, there was no way to prevent this from happening.

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing people's replies. I use outlook by default and gmail's address book annoys me for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to hearing replies, too. I use yahoo right now, and it's just not easy to use. I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo... straight forward and easy to use. ;) what about your iPod?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to look into this more too. What I seen to like the best is the Mac software, which also lets you sync your address book to your ipod. Sweet.
    But first I need to buy a Mac. Until then I will probably continue to use Outlook. I just started playing around with Vista and other than it being a systems hog, I like a lot of the new features. Vista has an integrated calendar and address book, which look like they both import easily into Outlook. Potential but I have yet to put them to the test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of it before. I'll check it out. Have you used it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't, but I know a number of people who use it and it seems like what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete