Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Smart Playlists

I learned something new about the smart playlists on my iPod yesterday.

I have a smart playlist called "New Podcasts" which, as you would expect, contains all the podcasts that I haven't listened to yet. The rules are were:



Podcast is true
Play Count is less than 1

This correctly created the playlist for me, but when I would finish a podcast they weren't disappearing from the list (even though their play count no longer fits the criteria). It turns out that some playlist rules keep the live updating from working. My new smart playlist rules are:

Genre contains Podcast
Play Count is less than 1

Now my podcasts are correctly removed from the playlist after I listen to them.

Bored yet?

(I found out about this here.)

1 comment:

  1. When I at long last gt an iPod - I will so bug you with boring questions abut this! ;)

    ReplyDelete