Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend report

Christine covered most of it, but it was a busy weekend.

With a freshly shave mustache, Christine and I drove down to the Boulder Reservoir for a cyclocross race. In addition to the usual Blue Sky crew, I had a rocking cheering section including the Dyers, Livia, and Christine (and Kuzca). I wanted to do well in this race and be a little more aggressive in moving to the front of field so the cheering section would have something to scream about. In the end, it just wasn't to be. I had a poor start, and got stuck behind a lot of congestion. It's a bummer to be stuck in a traffic jam while the leaders of the race are speeding away. It wasn't a particularly good course for me because I suck at riding loose gravel and sand. Something to work on I guess. It was also hard to pass people, because if you got off the racing line, you were likely to get a tire full of goatheads. In the end, I got somewhere around 54th place. I did manage to beat someone in a sprint to the line, and that was fun. Although, it's kind of funny to sprint for 54th place.

The rest of the day went something like this: Lunch, watching the elite men race, watching Christine and Livia climb, Williams-Sonoma, Sushi, Dancing, zzzzzz. Tiring day, but fun.

Sunday I did some stuff around the house before riding down to another cyclocross race on my motorcycle with Owen. It was quite windy on the way down, which is unsettling on a bike. The race was good (Trebon ran away with it), and I took a lot of pictures.

All good things must come to an end, and now I'm faced with the prospect of going to work again tomorrow. Oh well. It pays the bills.

2 comments:

  1. RE: on my motorcycle with Owen...
    For the record, we rode separate bikes. I'm glad to report that the days of riding brokeback style with Ryan are over, and the total number remains countable with only one finger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the flow of the sport with the fluid hopping transitions. I thought it would be awkward/janky like one of those made-up sports (and then you have to do it BACKWARDS) but it wasn't at all. Fun!

    ReplyDelete