Sunday, November 25, 2007

Toledo Wrapup

We’re back from a whirlwind week in Toledo. It had been over a year since we were in Toledo, and it was fun to catch up with friends and family.

The Thanksgiving table gets bigger every year. It started out as an extension that my uncle built to fit on top of his dining room table. Later it became its own standalone table and was big enough that it had to be set up in the garage. Now it’s big enough to accommodate 30 people, and even has a train that drives around delivering olives and pickles. (The train is a bit extraneous, but it’s fun.)

Friday night, mom had an early birthday party for me and invited my friends over for snacks and drinks. After we were sufficiently warmed up at home, a few of us went out for some karaoke. We, of course, lit the place up with our vocal stylings.

I forget how lucky I am here to have a lot of great beers to choose from when I go out. It was a little rough when the bars we went to only carried Bud, Bud Light, etc. I don’t want to be a beer snob, but I really like beer. And since I try not to drink much while I’m training, I like those beer “splurges” to be with tasty beer.

I will, however, take a poor beer selection over a pretentious bar. One of the bars we went to made me want to gouge my eyes out due to the massive douche-baggery of the clientele and staff. I’m glad we were only there for a short while before heading to a smoky towny bar to play some darts. Oddly enough, despite the statewide smoking ban in effect in Ohio, 2 out of the 3 bars we went to had numerous smokers.

2007-11-22_14_thanksgiving_table

2007-11-22_32_

Joe with a sketchy burrito:
2007-11-21_08_

3 comments: