Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Frambozen!

It's about the time of year for New Belgium's raspberry brown ale, Frambozen. When we didn't see it at the liquor store I got a little impatient and I called the brewery this afternoon. It turns out they just tapped it today. I just couldn't wait for the bottles to show up in the stores, so Christine and I took our growler over to the brewery after work and filled it up with some super fresh Frambozen. Man that stuff is good.

It's great to live near that brewery. In addition to the regular beers, they also have experimental brews that you can only get in the tasting room. Today we had a new Belgian trippel and a pale ale. Both very good. And we also learned that mixing 1554 with Frambozen is a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. As someone who has recently been turned on to 1554, this Frambozen intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine overheard one of the workers yesterday talking about mixing 1554 and Frambozen. She poured us a glass and it was quite good. I'm a big 1554 fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1554 and Frambozen are my two favorite beers in the world.
    La Folie (also by new Belgium) is also in the top 10. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete