Sunday, October 28, 2007

Busy weekend

Our weekend started out after work on Friday with a trip to Denver. Ryan Swift is in town for the World Series and we drove down to hang with him, his girlfiend Heather, Livia, and Shana at the pre-game gala. We had some food (lots of dessert) and drinks and eventually back to our roots: sitting around making a mess of a centerpiece and making fun of the band.
2007-10-26_01_world series gala

2007-10-26_02_world series gala

Saturday morning Christine and I went to a pre-release screening of the new Dreamworks animated movie, Bee Movie (with Jerry Seinfeld). Typically when they do these screenings for us (Dreamworks is one of our customers at work), we see them after they're officially released. It was cool this time to see it before the movie is out. It was also cool that this time the screening was only for our division at work, instead of everyone and their brother. It's a good flick, and the animation is top notch. ;) I could see them making sequels.

After the movie, we got our crap together and headed down to Colorado Springs for some (rare) hangout time with Livia before John and Jenny's Halloween party. Christine went as Harry Potter, and I went as the recently outed gay Dumbledore.
2007-10-27_01_harry potter and gay dumbledore

2007-10-27_02_harry potter and gay dumbledore

We didn't get back until late, so we slept in and I decided to skip the cyclocross race in Boulder. Instead, we did exciting things like grocery shopping before I started watching the World Series. (Currently the Rockies aren't looking so good.)

3 comments:

  1. Your costumes rocked! I totaly had to think for a second when I saw you but when I got it I laughed a lot! Very creative, current and funny! Good job winning the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit to not having heard the news about Dumbledore's orientation. So I was thinking 'gay wizard?'. I voted for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the costume! >hands over lei<
    Glad you guys could make it down.

    ReplyDelete