Saturday, October 20, 2007

Boulder Cyclocross

Today was my second cyclocross race. On today's menu was the a course at Interlocken that consisted of a lot of grass, some sand, and a deep stream crossing. The Senior Men cat 4 field was huge, with something like 110 people. As I'm not too concerned about placing well, I started pretty much on the back row and just worked my way up the whole race. Not only is it more relaxing for me that way, but it's quite fun passing people the whole race.

My team (Blue Sky Velo showed up in force today and set up a tent near one of the major course features. Also making the trip out to watch some pain in action were John and Annette Dyer. I can't even begin to tell you how great it is when your friends show up and cheer for you at a race. If you're miserable on the whole rest of the course, you can at least look forward to riding by your friends cheering you on, as well as taking jabs at you when they can.

I'm not sure where I ended up finishing (they'll post the full results in a couple days), but I had a good time riding around outside. Plus, I kept the rubber side down which is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun race to watch. We didn't see much carnage, but the run up we were near required skills. I was impressed at how graceful you were getting through the sand pit each lap, and you had to be tired. Good racing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were the one jabbing, weren't you Annette!

    ReplyDelete