Sunday, July 1, 2007

London - Day 1

The flight went smoothly last night. I fell asleep at the end of the movie I was watching and didn't wake up until we were an hour outside of London. I find Heathrow annoying, because I always have to taxi around in the plane for a while before they end up parking it in the middle on nowhere. Then you wait for them to bring a bus that takes you to the terminal. I suppose they could speed up the landing process, but it doesn't much matter since the luggage was pretty slow at arriving.

Christine's dad picked us up from the airport and we came back to their house for lunch. Afterwards we walked through some parks near their house. Fighting sleep, we went out to dinner at a French place that was pretty good. I'm looking forward to some nice simple pub fare though.

(not so) fun facts about Ryan's travels to Europe:
  • I've never been to Europe without Christine

  • I've never flown from the US to Europe on anything other than the 8:15PM Denver->London British Airlines flight

  • My formula for sleeping on the way over: Jack Daniels before dinner, wine with dinner, Zzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment