Thursday, July 19, 2007

Back to the Canyon

Recently my request for a backcountry permit in the Grand Canyon was granted, so we're going back in October with a couple friends. We're hiking down to Deer Creek Falls, which is a place we went to on my raft trip. While we were there on the raft trip, we saw a couple backpackers and I thought that would be a really cool place to hike down to. I'm totally excited.

We're going to hike down one day, hang out the next, and then take a couple days to hike out. Since our permit is good for Monday-Thursday in the canyon, we also have a weekend on either end to take a nice leisurely road trip there and back. We're going to try to hit some other parks like Bryce and Zion. We're open to suggestions if anyone knows of some cool things to see in that area.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. What mile post from our raft book is Deer Creek or which day of the trip?

    ReplyDelete