Wednesday, June 13, 2007

City Eating

I like to check out the local fare at some nice restaurants when I’m on a business trip. In New York, though, I’m perfectly content to grab a slice of pizza or some junk from a street vendor. I’m sure it’s all terrible for me, but it tastes good. :)

Tuesday night I walked from the hotel up to Central Park, passing several street vendors before I came upon one with a huge line of like 30+ people. I don’t know if it was a cunning trick that they were putting on to attract people, or if this food was actually good. I took my chances and waited in line. I’d say it was good but then again I didn’t have anything to compare it to. They must be popular, because they have they own logo’d bags (so I know the place is Halal on 6th Ave and 53rd St.).

5 comments:

  1. Important missing fact in story: What yummy thing did you eat?
    (preparing to live vicariously through your trip)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chicken gyro type thing.
    Later that night I got hungry and I had a nice slice of strawberry cheesecake from the place across the street. Gluttonous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be in NY & NJ in a week or so - I intend to eat Pizza as well - you never miss food from home till you can't find it anymore. Fave restaurant in CT Quatro Pazzi - I sooooooooooo want good Italian here!

    ReplyDelete